Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
lindenr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Keeping tabs in line sequential files

Jump to solution

Hi there,

My Environment: Visual COBOL 3.0, Visual Studio Community 2015

How can I keep tabs when reading line sequential files i.e. not expand to spaces?  Ideally I want to set it so that my project always just writes and reads line sequential files without interfering with the content i.e. no null insertion and no tab expansion.

Thanks,

Linden

Linden Rowland - IT Consultant
Owner/Developer, www.SchoolReportWriter.com
IT Consultant to Tindle Newspaper Group

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Keeping tabs in line sequential files

Jump to solution

Hi Linden,

You will need to set EXPANDTAB=OFF and INSERTNULL=OFF in a File Handler Configuration File.

Here is the link to the topic that covers the File Handler Configuration File: http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/topic/com.microfocus.eclipse.infocenter.visualcobol.vs2015/GUID-E050FCC9-8D01-4D3E-9481-5EC959D6D136.html?cp=8_7_3_6_1_0

Regards,

--Fano

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Keeping tabs in line sequential files

Jump to solution

Hi Linden,

You will need to set EXPANDTAB=OFF and INSERTNULL=OFF in a File Handler Configuration File.

Here is the link to the topic that covers the File Handler Configuration File: http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/topic/com.microfocus.eclipse.infocenter.visualcobol.vs2015/GUID-E050FCC9-8D01-4D3E-9481-5EC959D6D136.html?cp=8_7_3_6_1_0

Regards,

--Fano

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.