Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

License Don´t Work

Jump to solution

Hi.

I downloaded Visual Cobol for Visual Studio 2010, but my trial license of 365 days don´t work, my university passed the link of the product.

When I put my activation key, the program don´t accept. I don´t know what happened, but I need this program.

What can I do to fix that?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: License Don´t Work

Jump to solution

This problem has now been solved.

It appears that there is a problem with the license manager recognizing the Visual COBOL PE license that is provided with the product download, if a previous version of a trial product has already been installed on the same computer.

To fix this you can try the following:

1.  From Administrative Tools-->Services find the serice Sentinel RMS License Manager in the list and click on Stop to stop the service.

2.  Delete the file named Lservrc.stn from the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Micro Focus   -  on Windows 7/Windows Server 2008

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Micro Focus - on XP

Then click on Start for the Sentinel RMS License Manager service to start the service again.

It should now pick up the new license for Visual COBOL Personal Edition.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Can you please e-mail to me the link that you used to download the product and the activation key that you used so that I can investigate?

Do not post here but instead e-mail to me at chris.glazier@microfocus.com

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This problem has now been solved.

It appears that there is a problem with the license manager recognizing the Visual COBOL PE license that is provided with the product download, if a previous version of a trial product has already been installed on the same computer.

To fix this you can try the following:

1.  From Administrative Tools-->Services find the serice Sentinel RMS License Manager in the list and click on Stop to stop the service.

2.  Delete the file named Lservrc.stn from the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Micro Focus   -  on Windows 7/Windows Server 2008

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Micro Focus - on XP

Then click on Start for the Sentinel RMS License Manager service to start the service again.

It should now pick up the new license for Visual COBOL Personal Edition.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.