Highlighted
rjhodge379 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

License Installation failed

I am trying to install Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012 on a Windows 8.1 Pro laptop. Everything seemed ok until I try installing my license file. I run the License Manager, browse to the file and click Install and it spins for a long time and then I get an error message:

"Error installing licenses: Error[5]: Cannot talk to the license server on host "127.0.0.1". Server may not be running."

What can I do to fix this?

Randy Hodge

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: License Installation failed

Hello Randy,

Can you please reboot the machine and make sure that the following services are running:

+ Micro Focus Directory Service daemon (32 bit)

+ Sentinel RMS Development Kit License Manager (32 bit)

Regards,

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I have the Micro Focus Directory Server running. Is that the same as Directory Service daemon?

I also have the Sentinel RMS License Manager (Development Kit isn't in the name) that was there but not running even though it is set to 'Automatic'. I started that service and tried running the License Manager again.

No joy. I start the program and a very long time later I get the error message;

"Unable to initialize: Error[5]: Cannot talk to the license server on host "127.0.0.1". Server may not be running."

I really need to get Visual COBOL running on this laptop.

Best regards,

Randy

Randy Hodge

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you please open a support incident, so we can work on this in a timely manner.

Regards,

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Often, the Windows Service "Micro Focus CES daemon" ( as it shows under Windows Services) or mfcesd.exe does not start up automatically after an install. Please check to see if this service is started it is different from the Micro Focus Directory Service.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Yes, the CES daemon is running as is the Directory Server. It doesn't say "Directory Service", it says "Server".

Randy Hodge

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Have you opened a support incident to have this issue addressed?

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.