Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Licensing Visual Cobol Personal Edition under Linux?

Jump to solution

Trying out the Personal Edition looking to find the right COBOL to do a project with, but for the life of me, I cannot get the Linux version with eclipse to license. Anyone else succeeded with this and willing to share a tip or two to a very frustrated person? 

Also, the project involves a lot of CGI programs running on a single Linux box. I am open to the best and lowest cost options to do this. There are a half dozen maintenance programs that run either in a batch mode or as a green screen app. It doesn't matter if they run green screen or GUI to me, we can easily do either. It is mostly the extended ACCEPT we are looking for. (I said CGI, but these are mostly Ajax powered web programs, and actually they transmit XML with each transaction.) 

I have included the only information I can find about licensing it below, and that is not the 16 character license code the license manager is looking for. 🙂 

Thanks, 

-Paul 

Serial NumberProductVersionPlatform
600000520170 Visual COBOL for Eclipse Personal Edition 2.1.Update 1 x86-64 running SuSE Linux ES 11/11 SP2 32/64 Bit
DescriptionLicense KeyLicense Expiration  Full
Installer
  Web
Installer

Visual COBOL for Eclipse for SUSE x86-64 License expires 1 year after activation        

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Licensing Visual Cobol Personal Edition under Linux?

Jump to solution

You can try to enter the following authorization code into License Manager:

22A491594F2519D2

If this does not solve the problem, development would like you to provide us with the .log file for the IDE.

It is located in the WorkspaceDir\.metadata\ directory and the name is “.log”.

The workspace directory is the one which you choose when you start Eclipse.

The “.metadata” directory is usually hidden.

So in this directory there can be files like:

WorkspaceDir\.metadata\.log

WorkspaceDir\.metadata\.bak_0

WorkspaceDir\.metadata\.bak_1

…

If we can have the “.log” and all “.bak_x” files we will be able to see what exceptions are there and then hopefully find the cause of the problem that you are experiencing.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You do not use an autthorization code with the Personal Edition product anymore.

When you start Eclipse it should present you with a Licensing dialog screen on which there should be an option to Activate Free Product.

Click on this and then enter the e-mail address that you used when registering for the download.

The instructions can be found if you click on the link for Documentation and then click the download link.

These are the instructions:

To activate Visual COBOL Personal Edition

Note: Having activated Visual COBOL Personal Edition, your use of it is limited to 365 days. After this period you will need to enter an authorization code in order to continue using it, either for a 30 day trial or full license of Visual COBOL.

1. Start Visual COBOL.

If you have not installed a license for Visual COBOL, starting the IDE for the first time after you install the product opens the Micro Focus Visual COBOL Product Licensing dialog box. If you cancel this dialog box, you can invoke it again from Help > Micro Focus > Product Licensing.

2. Click I want to activate the free product.

3. Ensure that the email address used to register the product is in the Email address text entry field. If you haven't registered your email address yet, click registration page and follow the instructions on that page.

4. Select one of the following options:

Automatic Use this if you have Internet access.

1. Click Finish to activate your copy of Visual COBOL Personal Edition.

Manual Use this if you are not connected to the Internet.

1. Click Next and then click Send email.

18 | Visual COBOL Editions and Managing Licenses

This opens your default mail client and creates a new email filled in with the details to email to Micro Focus about activating your copy of the free Personal Edition product.

Send the email.

2. If there is no mail client installed on your machine, copy the email address, the subject and the exact contents from the Email details fields and paste them into an email to sent to Micro Focus using a mail client of your choice. Do not modify or add to the text.

You will receive a response email with information with details about your authorization request.

3. Paste the body text of the response email into the text entry field of the Manual Activation dialog box.

4. Click Finish.

You should receive a message that the activation has been successful.

5. Restart Eclipse to complete the activation process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris- thanks for such a great answer, that is very appreciated.

Unfortunately, when I start Eclipse, it comes straight up without asking for license information. It does not present or see a Cobol perspective either. I tried uninstalling Visual Cobol and the imstalled liscense manager several times, as well as several versions of the JDK. Same behavior.

I did write to MF support, and a nice lady named Melissa replied as below. I think everything is setup correctly, at least the setup script does not report any errors. Cob and ccbl will both run, but report no license available. And as noted above, Eclipse isn't asking for a license.

Know any other address at MF that I might be able to send a request to?

Thanks - Paul

--------------- Begin Include -------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Visual COBOL Personal Edition is supported through the Micro Focus Community Site.

Please raise your query (including attachments and imagry) to the community site and someone will  

answer your query shortly.

community.microfocus.com/.../visual_cobol

Thanks

Melissa

------------------ End Include ---------------------

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Are you starting Eclipse thruogh the Visual COBOL icon installed on your desktop or are you starting a different version of Eclipse that may have already been installed on your computer?

Visual COBOL for Eclipse installs it's own copy of Eclipse 3.7 and then installs into it.

If you wish for Visual COBOL to be installed into a preexisting version of Eclipse then there are some additional setup requirements that are covered in the same readme document that I mentioned previously.

What Linux version are you running?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris -

It's running on a fresh install of Suse Linux 11 64, with the latest version of Java from Oracle installed. It's in a VM right now, if that makes any difference.

Yep, I run the "setup_visualcobol_deveclipse_2.1_update1_suse_x86_64" program as root, then log in as a  normal user.

From the normal user account, I run the cobsetenv script (actually I put it in the .bashrc script) and then the first time, I run the creastedesktopicon.sh script.

Then I double click the desktop icon it creates and wind up as detailed above.

Pretty sure I must be doing something stupid, but this must be a new high point, even for me. No idea what is actually wrong.

-Paul

P.S. I did try running it with the IBM Java 1.6 version that is available on the SuSE install iso, but the eclipse system would not initalize or come up. So I reinstalled SuSE and installed the Java RPM from Oracle. That seems to work fine...  jdk-7u40-linux-i586.rpm .  Obvioulsy, I had to install the 32bit version as specified in the documentation.

Thanks for the help- if I forgot to mention it, I really appreciate it.

-Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

It may be that the licensing daemon is not running.

Go to /var/microfocuslicensing/bin and run mfcesdchk.

You should get a message saying whether the daemon is running or not.

If it is not then start it using startmfcesd.sh (as root).

Simon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Simon -

That was such a logical suggestion, and I had such high hopes. But alas, the licensing server is running. If I stop it, eclipse is aware the license server is not running and puts up a lot of errors about it. It just seems crazy...

Is there anyway to trigger off the license process manually?

-Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You can try to enter the following authorization code into License Manager:

22A491594F2519D2

If this does not solve the problem, development would like you to provide us with the .log file for the IDE.

It is located in the WorkspaceDir\.metadata\ directory and the name is “.log”.

The workspace directory is the one which you choose when you start Eclipse.

The “.metadata” directory is usually hidden.

So in this directory there can be files like:

WorkspaceDir\.metadata\.log

WorkspaceDir\.metadata\.bak_0

WorkspaceDir\.metadata\.bak_1

…

If we can have the “.log” and all “.bak_x” files we will be able to see what exceptions are there and then hopefully find the cause of the problem that you are experiencing.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The authorization code worked, thank you. Once entered, it brought it allowed Eclipse to come up and display the Microfocus COBOL Project type, as well as switch into the COBOL perspective. Nice.

I have the log files - this is from a full LInux reload, with just Java and Microfocus installed.

Is there some way I can send them to you? I just tarred up the "workspace" folder it created, so you can have an exact version of it. I am also willing to send you a VM with the full install if it would help at all.

In the meantime, here is the text of the file...

-Paul

!SESSION 2013-09-19 23:55:56.428 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=M20110909-1335

java.version=1.7.0_40

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -feature com.microfocus.eclipse.core.product

Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -feature com.microfocus.eclipse.core.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2013-09-19 23:56:25.043

!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Desktop API is not supported on the current platform)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4282)

at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4197)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:138)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3563)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3212)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Desktop API is not supported on the current platform

at java.awt.Desktop.getDesktop(Desktop.java:144)

at com.microfocus.eclipse.core.license.ui.AbstractFreeTrialFullLicensingWizardManualPage.doCreateControl(AbstractFreeTrialFullLicensingWizardManualPage.java:170)

at com.microfocus.eclipse.core.wizards.AbstractWizardPage.createControl(AbstractWizardPage.java:68)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:174)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:736)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:608)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)

at com.microfocus.eclipse.core.internal.license.LicenseUIService$2.run(LicenseUIService.java:141)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)

... 23 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.rse.core 4 0 2013-09-19 23:56:25.945

!MESSAGE Unexpected Exception

!STACK 0

java.net.UnknownHostException: linux-zusf: linux-zusf: Name or service not known

at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1466)

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSECorePlugin.getLocalMachineName(RSECorePlugin.java:263)

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSEPreferencesManager.getDefaultPrivateSystemProfileName(RSEPreferencesManager.java:358)

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSEPreferencesManager.initDefaults(RSEPreferencesManager.java:337)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.RSEPreferenceInitializer.initializeDefaultPreferences(RSEPreferenceInitializer.java:23)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper$1.run(PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.java:281)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.runInitializer(PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.java:284)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.applyRuntimeDefaults(PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.java:130)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferencesService.applyRuntimeDefaults(PreferencesService.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.DefaultPreferences.applyRuntimeDefaults(DefaultPreferences.java:166)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.DefaultPreferences.load(DefaultPreferences.java:237)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.create(EclipsePreferences.java:308)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.internalNode(EclipsePreferences.java:544)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.DefaultPreferences.node(DefaultPreferences.java:153)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.legacy.PreferenceForwarder.getDefaultPreferences(PreferenceForwarder.java:130)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.legacy.PreferenceForwarder.getInt(PreferenceForwarder.java:469)

at org.eclipse.rse.logging.Logger.initialize(Logger.java:249)

at org.eclipse.rse.logging.Logger.<init>(Logger.java:135)

at org.eclipse.rse.logging.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:45)

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSECorePlugin.getLogger(RSECorePlugin.java:393)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.RSEInitJob.<init>(RSEInitJob.java:129)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.RSEInitJob.<clinit>(RSEInitJob.java:61)

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSECorePlugin.start(RSECorePlugin.java:309)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:268)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:462)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:35)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:473)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2483)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2793)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:345)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:166)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:268)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:462)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:345)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1207)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:268)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:52)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:264)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.getExecutableExtension(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:117)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.run(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:66)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$63.run(Workbench.java:2465)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: linux-zusf: Name or service not known

at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)

at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:894)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1286)

at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1462)

... 75 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.rse.core 4 0 2013-09-19 23:56:26.122

!STACK 0

java.net.UnknownHostException: linux-zusf: linux-zusf: Name or service not known

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSECorePlugin.getLocalMachineName(RSECorePlugin.java:263)

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSEPreferencesManager.getDefaultPrivateSystemProfileName(RSEPreferencesManager.java:358)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.model.SystemProfileManager.ensureDefaultPrivateProfile(SystemProfileManager.java:465)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.model.SystemProfileManager.getDefaultPrivateSystemProfile(SystemProfileManager.java:404)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.RSEInitJob.run(RSEInitJob.java:197)

... 6 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.rse.core 4 0 2013-09-19 23:56:26.216

!STACK 0

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.model.SystemProfileManager.createDefaultPrivateProfile(SystemProfileManager.java:438)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.model.SystemProfileManager.ensureDefaultPrivateProfile(SystemProfileManager.java:489)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.model.SystemProfileManager.getDefaultPrivateSystemProfile(SystemProfileManager.java:404)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.RSEInitJob.run(RSEInitJob.java:197)

... 7 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2013-09-19 23:56:59.609

!STACK 0

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Desktop API is not supported on the current platform)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Desktop API is not supported on the current platform

at com.microfocus.eclipse.core.license.ui.AbstractFreeTrialFullLicensingWizardManualPage.doCreateControl(AbstractFreeTrialFullLicensingWizardManualPage.java:170)

at com.microfocus.eclipse.core.wizards.AbstractWizardPage.createControl(AbstractWizardPage.java:68)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:736)

at com.microfocus.eclipse.core.internal.license.LicenseUIService$2.run(LicenseUIService.java:141)

... 23 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.preferences 4 4 2013-09-19 23:57:09.079

!MESSAGE Exception loading preferences from: .

!STACK 0

org.osgi.service.prefs.BackingStoreException: Unable to determine provisioning agent from location: file:\2fhome\2fpaul\2f.eclipse\2forg.eclipse.platform_3.7.0_611274771\2fconfiguration\2f..\2fp2\2f

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ProfilePreferences.getAgent(ProfilePreferences.java:159)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ProfilePreferences.load(ProfilePreferences.java:240)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.create(EclipsePreferences.java:308)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.internalNode(EclipsePreferences.java:544)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.node(EclipsePreferences.java:670)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.internalNode(EclipsePreferences.java:550)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.node(EclipsePreferences.java:670)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.EclipsePreferences.internalNode(EclipsePreferences.java:550)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.getNode(RootPreferences.java:106)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.RootPreferences.node(RootPreferences.java:85)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.getPreferences(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:501)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.remember(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:860)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.stop(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:1055)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.core.ProvisioningAgent.unregisterService(ProvisioningAgent.java:122)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.core.ProvisioningAgent.removedService(ProvisioningAgent.java:183)

at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerRemoved(ServiceTracker.java:1006)

at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerRemoved(ServiceTracker.java:1)

at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.untrack(AbstractTracked.java:352)

at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:949)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:104)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:861)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:819)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:771)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.unregister(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:225)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.disposeInstances(InstanceProcess.java:355)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.InstanceProcess.disposeInstances(InstanceProcess.java:305)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.Resolver.disposeComponentConfigs(Resolver.java:685)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.Resolver.disableComponents(Resolver.java:661)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager.stoppingBundle(SCRManager.java:553)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager.bundleChanged(SCRManager.java:232)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:847)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.publishBundleEventPrivileged(Framework.java:1523)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.publishBundleEvent(Framework.java:1459)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.publishBundleEvent(Framework.java:1454)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.stopWorker(BundleHost.java:506)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.suspend(AbstractBundle.java:565)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.suspendBundle(Framework.java:1161)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.decFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:595)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:257)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.shutdown(StartLevelManager.java:215)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.InternalSystemBundle.suspend(InternalSystemBundle.java:284)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.shutdown(Framework.java:691)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.close(Framework.java:598)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.shutdown(EclipseStarter.java:390)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:198)

!SESSION 2013-09-20 00:07:16.856 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=M20110909-1335

java.version=1.7.0_40

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -feature com.microfocus.eclipse.core.product

Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -feature com.microfocus.eclipse.core.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.rse.core 4 0 2013-09-20 00:07:37.033

!STACK 0

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSEPreferencesManager.initDefaults(RSEPreferencesManager.java:337)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.RSEPreferenceInitializer.initializeDefaultPreferences(RSEPreferenceInitializer.java:23)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper$1.run(PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.java:281)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.runInitializer(PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.java:284)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.applyRuntimeDefaults(PreferenceServiceRegistryHelper.java:130)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.PreferencesService.applyRuntimeDefaults(PreferencesService.java:368)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.DefaultPreferences.applyRuntimeDefaults(DefaultPreferences.java:166)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.DefaultPreferences.load(DefaultPreferences.java:237)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.DefaultPreferences.node(DefaultPreferences.java:153)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.legacy.PreferenceForwarder.getDefaultPreferences(PreferenceForwarder.java:130)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.preferences.legacy.PreferenceForwarder.getInt(PreferenceForwarder.java:469)

at org.eclipse.rse.logging.Logger.initialize(Logger.java:249)

at org.eclipse.rse.logging.Logger.<init>(Logger.java:135)

at org.eclipse.rse.logging.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:45)

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSECorePlugin.getLogger(RSECorePlugin.java:393)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.RSEInitJob.<init>(RSEInitJob.java:129)

at org.eclipse.rse.internal.core.RSEInitJob.<clinit>(RSEInitJob.java:61)

at org.eclipse.rse.core.RSECorePlugin.start(RSECorePlugin.java:309)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:35)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:473)

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2483)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2793)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:345)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:166)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:345)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1207)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:268)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:52)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:264)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.getExecutableExtension(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:117)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.run(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:66)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$63.run(Workbench.java:2465)

... 75 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2013-09-20 00:07:46.605

!STACK 0

... 23 more

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

That is great news that you are now up and running!

Development was able to check the log file that you posted and we have determined that the problem that you are experiencing is caused by the SuSE Linux distribution which you are using.

This version does not appear to support a function which we are using for sending e-mails.

Message="Desktop API is not supported on the current platform"

This problem will be fixed in the next release 2.2 which is due out next month.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Super nice - I think I will go ahead and move this to a permanent server and settle into learning more about it.  One more quick question - can I upgrade the Personal license to a paid license?

-Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You most certainly can upgrade the Personal license to a paid license.

Please e-mail me with your contact information and I will get somebody in direct contact with you.

send to chris.glazier@microfocus.com

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.