Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

LinkMultiDlls in build

Hi,

I'm using <LinkMultiDlls> set to true in the project definition for a Visual COBOL 2.1 project and I would like to create an installer to include all the DLL's for that project. Now this would appear to not be possible as the installer project (be it WIX, Installshield LE or a VS2010 .vdprof project) assume that the project build output has name ProjectName.dll and won't look for the multiple DLL's... I'm still researching MSBUILD but does any ideas on this? I know that I can specify each individual file manually from the project in the setup project, but if I add a new source file to the project and forget to add the associated DLL to the setup project it won't be included.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: LinkMultiDlls in build

Hi Michael,

Which installer tech are you using?

Installshield and WiX can both perform dynamic harvesting of specified output folders.

James.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.