Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Linkage Section

Jump to solution

Dear Sir,

I am using Micro Focus Visual Cobol with Eclipse and when I Compile my program and try to RUN with Debbugins I get an error " Linkage Section Ítem Not Initializad".

Please could you say WHERE I can SET Linkage Section to TRUE without use a COBCONFIG file ?

Many Thanks in advanced for Your Help.

PJM  

Pedro Juan Montero Bernales

PJM Informatica Soluciones Globales

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Linkage Section

Jump to solution

Hello PJM:

Does the error message actually say, "Linkage Section Ítem Not Initializad"?

When I test a simple program including an un-initialized linkage section item, and compile to .int code, I get the error "COBRT203 CALL parameter not supplied", and when I compile to executable, the program just crashes (even when I specify the LINKCHECK compiler directive).  So I cannot re-create the error "Linkage Section Ítem Not Initializad", but is this perhaps because of a language difference (English/Spanish)?

When you ask "where to set the Linkage Section to TRUE", do you mean the runtime tunable named "command_line_linkage"?  If so, I do not know a way to set this runtime tunable without setting the environment variable COBCONFIG pointing to a text file containing:

set command_line_linkage=TRUE

So, create a file for example named "myconfig.cfg" and place it in the subdirectory of the project where the compiled executable is placed (the "Output Path" in the active Build Configuration).  Then modify the Run Configuration, on the tab named Environment Variables, and add COBCONFIG with value "myconfig.cfg".

Best,

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

All is Fine now...Many Thanks

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello PJM:

Does the error message actually say, "Linkage Section Ítem Not Initializad"?

When I test a simple program including an un-initialized linkage section item, and compile to .int code, I get the error "COBRT203 CALL parameter not supplied", and when I compile to executable, the program just crashes (even when I specify the LINKCHECK compiler directive).  So I cannot re-create the error "Linkage Section Ítem Not Initializad", but is this perhaps because of a language difference (English/Spanish)?

When you ask "where to set the Linkage Section to TRUE", do you mean the runtime tunable named "command_line_linkage"?  If so, I do not know a way to set this runtime tunable without setting the environment variable COBCONFIG pointing to a text file containing:

set command_line_linkage=TRUE

So, create a file for example named "myconfig.cfg" and place it in the subdirectory of the project where the compiled executable is placed (the "Output Path" in the active Build Configuration).  Then modify the Run Configuration, on the tab named Environment Variables, and add COBCONFIG with value "myconfig.cfg".

Best,

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

All is Fine now...Many Thanks

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.