Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MF Cobol error on accept from terminal

I am getting the following error when adding ACCEPT varname FROM TERMINAL:

Unhandled Exception: IOException
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

at Void System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode,System.String maybeFullPath)
at Int32 System.IO.__ConsoleStream.Read(Byte[] buffer,Int32 offset,Int32 count)
at Int32 System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
at System.String System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
at System.String System.IO.SyncTextReader.ReadLine()
at Void CBL357-12._MF_PERFORM_4_20(Int32 start_end)
at Int32 CBL357-12.CBL357_12()
at Int32 CBL357-12._MF_ENTRY()

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It would be helpful if you included a small demo program that produces this error, along with the version of COBOL that you are using, the platform it is running on, and the OS version.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I tested the following in a .NET managed code console application and it works fine.
I am using Visual COBOL 2.2 update 1 for VS2012.

program-id. Program1 as "testterm2.Program1".
      data division.
      working-storage section.
      01 field1  pic x(5).
      procedure division.
          display "test"
          accept field1 from terminal
          display field1
          goback.

end program Program1.

As stated by dewamigo in the previous post, please provide us with an example and more details about the product version and OS.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.