Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MF license for Eclipse for SUSE didn't get installed

Hi downloaded a trial version of visual cobol for eclise on suse 12 and installed it on the opensuse environment. The entire installation went fine other than the license part. While installing it gave me the following warning.

./MFLicenseServerInstall.sh: line 2299: [: too many arguments
cp: cannot stat '/etc/inittab': No such file or directory
grep: /etc/inittab: No such file or directory

When I tried to install the mf license script gave the below error:

linux-ixka:/opt/microfocus # sh ./VisualCOBOL/safenet/MFLicenseServerInstall.sh

-=-==================================================================-=-
                        Micro Focus Licensing Installation
                               www.microfocus.com

(C) 2016 Micro Focus.

MFLSI.030 - safenet.tar not found.

You can rerun this script at any time to complete
     the installation of the SafeNet Sentinel Licensing Software.

cd /opt/microfocus
        ./MFLicenseServerInstall.sh

Can someone please help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: MF license for Eclipse for SUSE didn't get installed

Were you running the installation as root?

I don't think OpenSUSE is a supported platform. I don't know that it won't work, but there's no guarantee that it will.

It's been a while since I looked at OpenSUSE. A quick look online suggests the systemd disease has progressed far enough to kill /etc/inittab; if that is indeed the problem, then there's no trivial fix.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: MF license for Eclipse for SUSE didn't get installed

Yes was running it as root.
Probably that might have been the issue. I have installed it on SUSE Linux and working on it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.