Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MQ Error

Dear Sirs,

I Get an Error  2012 with " CALL 'MQCONN' USING ISER-QM-NAME, HCONN, RETCODE, REASON"

Please Help Me

PJM

Pedro Juan Montero Bernales

PJM Informatica Soluciones Globales

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: MQ Error

PJM

I googled MQCONN 2012 and got this link

community.microfocus.com/.../1661.mq-series-error-reason-2012-calll-not-valid-for-current-environment.aspx

Have a read of the info in there

It looks like something in your environment changed since the last run?

Or you are taking PROGA from ENVIRONA and trying to run it on ENVIRONB?

if the latter then did the preparation of the executable run without error or warning?

I have only used MQ on IBM mainframes but once you get the hang of it, including the trouble-shoooting, it is quite straight forward and works well

paulseawind

Bali - Indonesia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: MQ Error

1) MQ RC 2012:

www-01.ibm.com/.../fm12190_.htm

2012 (07DC) (RC2012): MQRC_ENVIRONMENT_ERROR

2) MQ libs

www-01.ibm.com/.../fg16690_.htm

Preparing COBOL programs

3) MQRTS.cbl loads MQ libs with STDCALL ( call convention 74 )

special-names.

call-convention 74 is STDCALL.

working-storage section.

78 MQdll value "mqiccb".

*> install_location  = IBM MQ  install_location

*> install_location\Tools\Lib\mqmcb     32-bit server for Micro Focus COBOL

*> install_location\Tools\Lib\mqiccb    32-bit client for Micro Focus COBOL

*> install_location\Tools\Lib64\mqmcb     64-bit server for Micro Focus COBOL

*> install_location\Tools\Lib64\mqiccb    64-bit client for Micro Focus COBOL

01 pptr procedure-pointer.

procedure division STDCALL.

display "*--> MQrts " "load  IBM MQ DLL "

MQdll " " with no advancing

set pptr to null

set pptr to entry MQdll

if  pptr =  null display "KO" else display "OK" end-if

exit program.

I classically do use code snippet above to load "MQ RTS", the keyword being STDCALL ( call convention 74 is being used to load MQ DLL/library) ....

4) INITCALL"MQRTS" in COBOL code proceeding to MQ I-Os

Regards

Yvon

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.