Highlighted
Altair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Micro Focus Data File Tools 2.3.1.012 (Test)

Jump to solution

, when it will be available the Micro Focus Data File Tools 2.3.1.012? The test version I have does not generate the structure. She does not recognize the IDY File generated by the Micro Focus COBOL Visual 2.3 Version 2.3.01098. Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Micro Focus Data File Tools 2.3.1.012 (Test)

Jump to solution

There is a known limitation with the Data File Tools in generating structure files from .IDY files generated for a managed code application. If you compile the program for native code and use that .IDY file then it should work correctly.

I had created a bug report for this previously but the issue has not yet been addressed.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Micro Focus Data File Tools 2.3.1.012 (Test)

Jump to solution

There is a known limitation with the Data File Tools in generating structure files from .IDY files generated for a managed code application. If you compile the program for native code and use that .IDY file then it should work correctly.

I had created a bug report for this previously but the issue has not yet been addressed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.