Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Missing CBLRTSS.dll

I have just converted a NetExpress to Visual Cobol 2012, and when I start the project, I get an error message that CBLRTSS.dll is not found.  I have looked in the BIN64 folder and it is not there.  Did I miss a download or a directive in the conversion?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Missing CBLRTSS.dll

Hello,

cblrtsS.dll was the single-threaded runtime module in Net Express, which is no longer supported in Visual COBOL where everything is built with the multi-threaded runtime module, i.e. cblrtsM.dll.

If your program is looking for cblrtss.dll after recompiled with Visual COBOL, it is possible that it is called by your program. Or is it possible you have the cblrtss.lib file from Net Express linked with your program?

Regards,

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is the startup program for my system, I have a single .exe, where the error occurs,  that call multiple .dll.  How could I check to see if the cblrtss.lib file is being linked?  This error was after the recompile.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Have you recompiled the .dll files with Visual COBOL as well? Or are they built with Net Express?

The cblrtss.lib file is not available in Visual COBOL, so the only way to have it linked in the .exe file is that the file was copied from the Net Express installation.

I guess the question is to know if you get the error when you run the .exe or when the .exe calls one of the .dll.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I get the error when I start the .exe.  I have recompile all of the programs in Visual Cobol.  Let me look at the programs to see if maybe we have a hard link in one of the .dll

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You might want to debug the .exe to see if it fails as soon as you debug the .exe or at a specific call to one of the .dll's.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.