Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need Example/Explanation of ODBC Components for Visual Cobol

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 12 March 2011]

I have been contacting various support and sales people for a week now on what I believe is a simple question regarding setting up a simple ODBC/XDBC test program in Visual Cobol. I finally found someone yesterday who forwarded me to a tech person who says he can get me an answer by end of next week. I have an XDBC alias set up that works with all the other software including the Database tools within Visual Studio. What I need is a simple list of the components I need to add to a form and the properties in each that tie them together. The test program I am trying to create is a form with a Database Grid that displays data from an XDBC data source. I don't need it to do anything functionally besides run and display some data. I think this is a 2 minute question. Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
I do not have a sample, but here is how I would go about this. You should set up a system DSN with whatever ODBC driver you are using. Then use ado (ado.net) to get the data from the DSN and populate your control with this data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
I do not have a sample, but here is how I would go about this. You should set up a system DSN with whatever ODBC driver you are using. Then use ado (ado.net) to get the data from the DSN and populate your control with this data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.