Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Net Express project migration to Visual Cobol

Jump to solution

Hi,

in our company we are testing conversion our Net Express project to Visual Cobol. We success in project conversion, we can compile our programs, produce .gnt and .idy file.

But when I try to run it (we are developing module for Infor SunSystem) program crashes, I think we don't have our new Visual Cobol project setup correctly. In Net Express 5.1 we have this project directives: %FILENAME COBIDY(%TARGETDIR) WB3 WB CSI ANIM EDITOR(MF2) ENSUITE(3) SQL(DBMAN=ODBC) SQL(NOAUTOCOMMIT) SQL(NOCHECK) SQL(NOINIT) SPZERO;

And we have info from Infor that we need to use wrap pack 10.

Is there even possibility to setup Visual Cobol in this way?

We are using it thru Visual Studio 2015

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Solved must copy file mfsqlsmf.dll from Visual Cobol folder, to our program folder

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

More info:

When I am trying to debug main program (still compiled wit Net Express) when this program call then new one (compiled thru Visual Studio), I got this error message: 173 Called program file not found in drive/directory mfsqlsm2

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Solved must copy file mfsqlsmf.dll from Visual Cobol folder, to our program folder

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Copying product or system DLLs to your program folder is not recommended. The DLLs should be left in their proper locations. If PATH and COBPATH are set correctly in the program's environment, the runtime will find and load them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

From your description above it appears that you are trying to call Visual COBOL executables directly from a Net Express main program. This may work if you are creating a new process using CBL_EXEC_RUN_UNIT in which to run the VC programs but it will not work if you are trying to call VC programs directly using the COBOL CALL statement.

You will need to recompile your entire application using Visual COBOL if the programs are being run within the same run-unit.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.