0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: .Net in Visual Cobol for Visual Studio

Jump to solution
I have found the books published by WROX to be very helpful. The last one I worked with was "Beginning ASP.NET 4 in C# and VB".

I used the examples which were done in VB and C# and recreated them in Visual COBOL while learning how to use ASP.NET.

Robert Collins

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Visual COBOL for Visual Studio is integrated into the GUI design tools for Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and ASP.NET Web Forms.

You can design your interfaces using any of these Visual Studio tools and COBOL code will be generated in the code-behind modules.

No need to know C# to use these tools with COBOL projects although knowledge of programming with the .NET Framework classes is extremely useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
So,
microfocus.com have an course with use this tecnologies? (GUI design tools for Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and ASP.NET Web Forms)

Or is more easy i learn .net framework?

I already know cobol, cobol character, cobol acucobol, cobol hp-ux.

Thanks.

Cláudio Miguel Müller

claudiomiguelmuller@hotmail.com

www.meugibi.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Unfortunately, Micro Focus does not offer any formalized training courses in these areas as they are really Microsoft Technologies into which we hooked Visual COBOL.

There are many books available on the subject as well as formalized training courses from Microsoft and 3rd parties as well.

We provide example programs for all of these technologies with Visual COBOL but for more extensive knowledge you should seek out a good book on the subject from Microsoft Press or a 3rd party.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
so sorry for asking more specifically

which courses are recommended to use visual studio and mentioned these technologies?

(GUI design tools for Windows Forms, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and ASP.NET Web Forms)

Thanks.

Cláudio Miguel Müller

claudiomiguelmuller@hotmail.com

www.meugibi.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
I have found the books published by WROX to be very helpful. The last one I worked with was "Beginning ASP.NET 4 in C# and VB".

I used the examples which were done in VB and C# and recreated them in Visual COBOL while learning how to use ASP.NET.

Robert Collins

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.