Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New developer machine for Object Cobol 4.0.07

Hi

We have some legacy applications that are compiled with Object COBOL 4.0.07 which was installed on an older desktop (Windows 95)

I'm a support guy at work and make me a petition to prepare a new developer machine to compile Cobol

i'm now trying prepare a new developer machine, but i dont have the install medias. the install method is all manually, copy installation and configuration from productive to new machine including config.sys and autoexec.bat

i have tried several configurations Win95 & Win98, in fact i have a "new" machine with windows 95 (Pentium S 166Mhz) very similar to productive sometimes works and compiled ok but after some compile test stop working..

the message is:

error code: 112 PC=0 Call=1 Seg=0

and when compiler runs finish telling can't find the key (this is via parallel port)
and i'm setup same way IRQ=07 IO=0378-037F on BIOS parallel port mode SPP

i think the compiler not found the hardware key, the linking process works fine.

please can instruct me how to resolve this
i can kindly follow all your instructions

best regards from mexico

Pedro Esteban Valenzuela W.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Pedro,

Object COBOL Developer Suite (OCDS) is a very old COBOL product from Micro Focus and was discontinued several years ago.

I would very much recommend we discuss upgrading this software to our latest version.

If you can email me at scot.nielsen@microfocus.com, I'll put you in touch with someone who can advise you.

Regards, Scot

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Scot,

thanks for you answer, already Gael Sanchez is in touch with me and is working on your recommendation , upgrade to a new version.

Thanks  a lot

Pedro Esteban

Note: Gael contact me in spanish and is more convenient for us, best regards from mexico

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.