Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New to visual cobol

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm new in the visual cobol story.

Today we are working in Multi-edit to develop our cobol code server side. Compilations are directed from within Multi-edit also server side (Server Express).

Now I'm looking to migrate to Visual Cobol using eclipse to edit but keeping the setup similar, meaning server side editing and compiling.
So I've installed the windows version of VC+Eclipse.

How do I proceed to use Eclipse as an editor but keeping the code + compilations on the server side? 

The visual cobol has also been installed on our server.
Server is HP-linux.

Thnx for any tip.
Hugo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: New to visual cobol

Jump to solution

Hi Hugo,

You state that you have Visual COBOL installed on your Linux server.

I assume that you are referring to the Visual COBOL Development Hub product?

If you have Visual COBOL Dev Hub installed on your server and Visual COBOL Eclipse installed on your Windows system then you have everything you need to do remote development where your source code resides on the server and will be compiled and run there but your actual development work such as editing and debugging are done from the Windows system using the Eclipse IDE.

Please see the documentation for Visual COBOL Eclipse on Developing Applications on Remote Machines.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: New to visual cobol

Jump to solution

Hi Hugo,

You state that you have Visual COBOL installed on your Linux server.

I assume that you are referring to the Visual COBOL Development Hub product?

If you have Visual COBOL Dev Hub installed on your server and Visual COBOL Eclipse installed on your Windows system then you have everything you need to do remote development where your source code resides on the server and will be compiled and run there but your actual development work such as editing and debugging are done from the Windows system using the Eclipse IDE.

Please see the documentation for Visual COBOL Eclipse on Developing Applications on Remote Machines.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.