Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NuGet Gallery

Just got back from attending the developer conference in San Francisco and there was some really great information in the presentations. Kudos to all the presenters.

One thing that seems to be missing from Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012 is support of NuGet packages (http://nuget.org/). I am migrating Oracle Pro*COBOL I/O modules to OpenESQL and being able to add ODP.NET support to my managed COBOL projects via a NuGet package would be very helpful. Something to consider for a future release?

I know there would be very few packages available to COBOL developers but as the community grows I could see this as a great way for us to share Visual Studio extensions that make our lives easier.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: NuGet Gallery

Hi Brant, I am glad that you found the developer conference in San Francisco useful to you.

Just a reminder to those customers on the East Coast that this developers conference also takes place this week in New York on April 9th and 10th.

NuGet packages are available for install in Visual Studio 2012.

Being that the ODP.NET package is actually a 3rd party product which is available from Oracle, Micro Focus has no control over the availability of this product as an NuGet download.

You will have to lobby Oracle for this enhancement I am afraid.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.