Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ODBC Problems

I have been trying for 7 months to connect to an Access DB with no luck.

No matter what I do I always get the same message. When I set it up in ODBC Data source admin. and test the connection everything is good. (Test completed successfully.) Then when I try in OpenESQL to connect I get this.

What the Hell am I doing WRONG?????

Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

RE: ODBC Problems

Some thoughts:

ODBC cannot cross 32/64-bit boundary.  

You say that you are trying to use an Access database but this error message seems specific to SQL Server.  Why would that be happening?

Tom Morrison
Consultant

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm using the 32 bit ODBC Data source admin. so do I need to use the 64 bit version? I have no Idea any more.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is any one going to offer any help or what?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

I'm understanding here that you have a problem to connect to an Access database with Visual COBOL's OpenESQL. However, the error message seems to indicate you're trying to connect to SQL Server.

Can you give us more details, such as

• Visual COBOL version
  • Access database version
  • if you created the data source as system or user DSN from the 32-bit ODBC Data Source Admin
  • if you see the data source from OpenESQL
  • etc.

Regards,

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I also might be able to help. I've gotten ODBC to work on my Windows 7 machine.

Can you first answer the Questions from MF_Fano?

Thanks.

Peter

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.