Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ORACLE CONNECTION IN ADO.NET

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have wasted the whole day trying to access oracle database from managed COBOL the problem is the following:

I created a new ADO Connection using the editor and I called it "adc" then I used it as the :SVR parameter as in samples I run the code and i return the SQLERRMC which tells me "Connection name not found." the most weird thing is that I use the following credentials as the :USR parameter which is

"autodealer/cobol" when I change them to "autodealer\cobol" i get that message but in the first case I get SPACES!!!          

I hope someone answers me very soon.

Best regards

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: ORACLE CONNECTION IN ADO.NET

Jump to solution

Try the following:

In the ADO connection in the editor provide the user name and password parameters.

Click on Test to ensure the connection works.

If the connection you created is a 32-bit one then your project platform target must be managed x86.

Likewise, if the connection is a 64-bit one then your project platform target must be managed x64.

It cannot be left at anyCPU.

The platform target can be set on the properties page on the COBOL tab.

Change your connect statement to look like:

EXEC SQL CONNECT TO adc END-EXEC

Does this now connect sucessfully?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Try the following:

In the ADO connection in the editor provide the user name and password parameters.

Click on Test to ensure the connection works.

If the connection you created is a 32-bit one then your project platform target must be managed x86.

Likewise, if the connection is a 64-bit one then your project platform target must be managed x64.

It cannot be left at anyCPU.

The platform target can be set on the properties page on the COBOL tab.

Change your connect statement to look like:

EXEC SQL CONNECT TO adc END-EXEC

Does this now connect sucessfully?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot Chris, You were alaways here to help me out Big Smile

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.