Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One click to run the Project?

Jump to solution

I have Micro Focus Visual COBOL 2.2 (Personal Edition) Version 2.2.00151 with Visual Studio 2012 running under Windows 8.1, and all is well

I have written a specific backup program in COBOL that copies certain nominated files to a backup holding area on my hard drive, and it works fine and performs date and time stamping along the way

I'd like to have an icon i can click that will automatically start Vis Cobol and run the backup program (and then VC shut down?)

Somehow, I recall I have seen something along these lines happening while I have been clicking away in the past but I can't find how to get it to happen again

i googled for the answer but didn't get anything in the MF doco that I felt was what I wanted

Does anyone know how I can set up an icon to click and automation is started?

Or, any alternate ideas I could use for specific backups?

Thanks in advance

Paul

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: One click to run the Project?

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

I am not sure why you need to start Visual COBOL in order to run the application.

If you have created an .exe as your output file you should be able to create a shortcut on your desktop that points to that .exe file in the output folder and it will run without starting the Visual COBOL development environment first.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

I am not sure why you need to start Visual COBOL in order to run the application.

If you have created an .exe as your output file you should be able to create a shortcut on your desktop that points to that .exe file in the output folder and it will run without starting the Visual COBOL development environment first.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

Thanks - that works fine now.  I also came across the 'missing cblrtsm.dll' problem and was able to google a solution you wrote up and I set the Run-time Model property to Dynamic, created a shortcut for my taskbar and it works fine.

Paul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.