Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oracle Data Access Connectivity (ODAC) 64bit Connection issue when using ADO.Net Connection Editor

Jump to solution

My solution involved existing PRO*COBOL modules compiled into Visual COBOL. and for this we are using 64 bit ODAC drivers provide by Oracle.

Installation of the ODAC drivers have been successful, however when trying to consume the drivers using ADO.NET Connect Editor I endup with dependency on Microsoft .Net framework 3.5 or lower where as the ODAC provider is .Net 4.5 and above and I've selected Framework as 4.0 and above in ADO.Net and the CPU architecture as 64 bit.

It would be great, if some one can point me in the right direction to install and use ODAC 64 bit drivers for my Visual COBOL 64 bit without any dependency on the 32 bit framework or 3.5 framework.

Below are some images from my experience.

Image 1.

Image 2

Image 3

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
It is currently a requirement of the ADO Connection Editor to have the 32-bit CLR 4 provider installed even if you only intend to create 64-bit connections using the 64-bit ODAC installs. This is due to the fact that the editor itself is 32-bit and in order to query the various providers for their properties to display in the grid it can only use the 32-bit version.

Try installing the 32-bit ODAC system as well and this should work correctly for you.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
It is currently a requirement of the ADO Connection Editor to have the 32-bit CLR 4 provider installed even if you only intend to create 64-bit connections using the 64-bit ODAC installs. This is due to the fact that the editor itself is 32-bit and in order to query the various providers for their properties to display in the grid it can only use the 32-bit version.

Try installing the 32-bit ODAC system as well and this should work correctly for you.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
One other thing, If you don't wish to get a warning message about the inability to Save the connection info for older Frameworks like 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 then select the settings arrow at the top of the editor and under Save uncheck that option for All framework availability combinations.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.