Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
andres_heredia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

PC_PRINTER_LOAD_BMP with JPG files

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are using PC_PRINTER_LOAD_BMP Cobol routine to print BPM files, but according with the documentation this routine also support others file types like BMP, GIF, EXIF, JPG, PNG and TIFF.
So we try to print a JPG file but always we get the return code 18 (Failed to load bitmap)

Has anyone been able to print another type of file?

call "PC_PRINTER_LOAD_BMP" using printer-handle
                             by reference "mflogo.jpg" & x"0"
                             by reference bmp-id
                           returning  printer-retcode.

We are using Visual Cobol for Eclipse 2.3 Update 2 Hotfix 1

thanks,

Andrés Mauricio Heredia G.
Software Engineer
EMA HOLDINGS S.A.S
Cali - Colombia

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: PC_PRINTER_LOAD_BMP with JPG files

Jump to solution
Hello Andrés,

I was able to recreate this problem with Visual COBOL 2.3 Update 2, so I suggest you report it to your local MF SupportLine.

Cheers,

–Ғɑɳօ
–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hello Andrés,

I was able to recreate this problem with Visual COBOL 2.3 Update 2, so I suggest you report it to your local MF SupportLine.

Cheers,

–Ғɑɳօ
–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
andres_heredia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks I couldn't replay before, but the Micro Focus support team found that this is an error on documentation, the PC_PRINTER_LOAD_BMP only works with BPM files.
Andrés Mauricio Heredia G.
Software Engineer
EMA HOLDINGS S.A.S
Cali - Colombia

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.