Highlighted
Visitor.

PDFCreator in Visual Cobol

Hi all,

Hope you are having a good summer.

I'm still a newbie when it comes to COM objects in Visual Cobol but I was hoping someone might be able to help me with calling PDFCreator.  I am unsure if I am adding it correctly as a Reference but the program code isn't giving any error.  Various .Net messages are popping up when I run the code, which hint at being unable to find PDFCreator or, more specifically, its various .dlls.  

I have the ComWrapper in the class-id section plus some entries in $set -- maybe they aren't right though. I'm honestly all at sea as to how to get it to work. 

I can't seem to log in to the forum via any browser at work (but can view posts) so am using my home PC to post this message.  I'll try write more specific details tomorrow evening but if anyone has used PDFCreator from Visual Cobol before I'd appreciate if you could help.  Thank you!

John

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: PDFCreator in Visual Cobol

Hi John,

Are you trying to access PDFCreator in a Managed  (.NET) COBOL application ? If you are, the problems you are having could be what is described in this topic in the PDFCreator documentation :

https://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/latest/en/pdfcreator/com-interface/user-manual/how-to/use-com-from-dotnet/

Gael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: PDFCreator in Visual Cobol

Many thanks Gael ... appreciate you looking at that query I had.  I will try that option in the next few days.  Sorry about not posting up any example code so far as things got a bit hectic work wise and also with having my sister and her family home from the US up to yesterday morning!  If everything works with the program code I'm writing I'll post it up here. 

Have a good day,

John

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.