Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Personal Edition Wont Authenticate

Jump to solution

As the title says. The personal version sent my student email a 1 year trial for Visual COBOL. Myself and 0 of my friends can get it to authenticate.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Personal Edition Wont Authenticate

Jump to solution

I cannot give you a product key for Visual Studio as that is not a Micro Focus product. You must license that through Microsoft.

I will send you a 1 year key for the Visual COBOL PE product for Visual Studio.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi chuffman17,

Could you provide more details on how or when this is failing? When authenticating the software, make sure you use the same email address as when you requested it.

Regards,

Raquel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Please don't offer something as stupid as me inputting the wrong email. The error says it's an authentication server error and wrong product. Spent an hour with support and basically it's a huge bug needing to be fixed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The response that Raquel gave was not a "stupid" response as it is most frequently the cause of an authentication error being returned for the PE product and so it is best to rule this out as the cause from the get-go.

I just tested it here and it worked fine. I downloaded and installed the Visual COBOL for Visual Studio PE version, ran it and choose to license the free product. When I provided my e-mail address and clicked authorize I was presented with a dialog that states that authorization was successful and I can use the product.

Which product version did you download, the Visual Studio version or the Eclipse version?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

also can you provide us with the OS version that you are using?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Windows 10, personal edition for visual studio 2015.

Using same email gives wrong product errod.

Eclipse won't authenticate on personal edition either.

What are you running?

Have about 40 students here all with the same issue Chris.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

im not using visual studio PE I'm using 2015 .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Also yes what he said would be a first for many to have this issue but I should have mentioned that I spoke with support for over an hour and was told there is a back end issue for authentication with VS2015. However even sending a trial eclipse to my personal email and authenticating it won't work either. Doesn't prompt wrong product. But I really don't care to use eclipse anyways.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I cannot get this to fail.

I was initially testing under Windows 7 and I can install and authenticate both VC for VS2015 2.3 PE and VC Eclipse 2.3 PE without a problem.

I just tested the same thing under Windows 10 and it also worked without a problem. I tested under Windows 10 Enterprise.

What release of Visual Studio 2015 are you using? I tried with the Community Edition and the Enterprise Edition.

Can you try the following?

send an email to me at chris.glazier@microfocus.com

I will then send you an email with a license key for the Visual Studio PE product

Uninstall both products on your system..

Uninstall the Micro Focus License Manager

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Micro Focus and delete the files lservrc.stn and lservrc.net.

Reinstall VC for Visual Studio 2015

Use the license key that I provide.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I'm using enterprise in really wouldn't want to go to PE . I'll send screenshots to you detailing what I've done.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I think that you are confusing the products here.

Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise is fine to use.

Visual COBOL PE is the Personal Edition of Visual COBOL which is the product that you have downloaded already.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I know that, I was assuming you would be giving me product key for VS not visual cobol. If you can provide the product key for a student 1 year that'd be great to try. No luck so far after reinstall

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.