Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Personal Edition download of Micro Focus Visioal Cobol

Jump to solution

Many Thanks for your E-Mail dated 2013 10 02. I tried my best to install my Personal Edition as

good as I can. I think it functions properly. Thank you.

Now I was looking for some Users Manual and I found on your Supportline the Guideline for Visual Cobol

for Visual Studio 2010 (doc. VCfVS201021U1hf4.chm) but I am sorry that the right part of this document

shows “Die Navigation zu der Webseite wurde abgebrochen”. So I downloaded this large document, but it is not

useful for me. Did I do anything wrong?

A second question please. Do I need to register myself to this Supportline-Webpage or not?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Personal Edition download of Micro Focus Visioal Cobol

Jump to solution

The documentation is incuded as part of the Visual Studio Help or you can access it on-line here:

To access the local help click on Help-->View Help from the Visual Studio main menu and then click on Micro Focus Visual COBOL help.

If the Help Viewer is not set as your default viewer then go to Help-->Manage Help Settings then select Choose on-line or local help option and set it to local help and click OK.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

It sounds like the .chm file that you downloaded is being blocked as a security measure. Please see the instructions at supportline.microfocus.com/.../CHMHelp.htm for information on how to unblock it.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The documentation is incuded as part of the Visual Studio Help or you can access it on-line here:

To access the local help click on Help-->View Help from the Visual Studio main menu and then click on Micro Focus Visual COBOL help.

If the Help Viewer is not set as your default viewer then go to Help-->Manage Help Settings then select Choose on-line or local help option and set it to local help and click OK.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

It sounds like the .chm file that you downloaded is being blocked as a security measure. Please see the instructions at supportline.microfocus.com/.../CHMHelp.htm for information on how to unblock it.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Many thanks for both these answers. Very helpful. Problem is solved.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.