Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pro*COBOL and Informix: cannot find "INFORMIXDIR"

Jump to solution

I need to compile my COBOL file with Informix Embedded SQL, but preprocessor fails because of this error:

CSQL-F-012: INFORMIXDIR must be set for Informix Support

I'm using Visual Studio 2017. The variable is correctly set in Windows' environment variables. The preprocessor is "Oracle Pro*COBOL(COBSQL), with "COBSQLTYPE" directive set to INFORMIX-NEW.

How can I solve the problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
What version of INFORMIX are you running?
Basically, this error indicates that COBSQL can't find the Informix's ESQLCOB Precompiler (esqlcob.exe) in "%INFORMIXDIR%\lib".
Is the Informix's ESQLCOB Precompiler present - "%INFORMIXDIR%\lib\esqlcob.exe"?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Can you run the Informix preprocessor directly from the command line? This would tell you if Informix is set up correctly outside of Visual Studio.

What do you have this variable set to? It should contain a full path to the Informix installation folder. Open up your project properties page and on the Application tab click on the Environment button and try adding INFORMIXDIR to the list of environment variables for the project.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
What version of INFORMIX are you running?
Basically, this error indicates that COBSQL can't find the Informix's ESQLCOB Precompiler (esqlcob.exe) in "%INFORMIXDIR%\lib".
Is the Informix's ESQLCOB Precompiler present - "%INFORMIXDIR%\lib\esqlcob.exe"?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Ok this is the problem!
I thought that the problem was that it could not read the variable... but I was wrong! The variable content is absolutely correct, but the COBOL precompiler is missing.
Can I take the chance and ask you where I can find it? I'm very new ad this...
Thank you very much!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
The ESQLCOB precompiler is an Informix product and not a Micro Focus one. You should contact Informix about downloading and installing the correct product for your system.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you.
I have the C version, but cannot find anywhere the COBOL one
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.