Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem activating free license for Visual Cobol 2017

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble activating my free trial for Visual Cobol 2017 PE.  I've tried automatic activation, but get an error that I'm not registered.  I'm sure the email address is correct.  I've also tried manual registration but receive the  error MG0106: Unable to authorize the request.

My serial no. is 600000730619

Thanks for the help.

Edit- 

I should also add that I contacted Supportline@microfocus.com and was told they do not support the personal edition and that I should come here.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Problem activating free license for Visual Cobol 2017

Jump to solution
I had the same problem. You need to send an email to Chris.Glazier@microfocus.com.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I had the same problem. You need to send an email to Chris.Glazier@microfocus.com.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the quick response, but his email auto-responds that he's off site and probably won't be able to answer. This is a little time sensitive, does anyone know if there is anything else I can do about the registration?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I got an email from Chris.Glazier@microfocus.com with an activation code as I was writing my last response.

Thanks for the help!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.