Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem activating free license of Visual Cobol 2010

Jump to solution

Hello to everyone and happy new year, with health and blessings!

As I have Windows XP as Operation System, I installed the personal (free) edition of Visual Cobol 2010 (only Visual Studio 2010 can work on Windows XP, not the earlier versions). I tried to activate it, even manually by sending email at LicenseRequest@microfocus.com, but the acivation failed. I received by email the message: "The following error occurred during the authorization process MG0106: Unable to authorize the request. Please try the authorization later. If this problem persists, please go to Micro Focus community website at http://community.microfocus.com/ and look at the authorization issues under the wiki. For more information start a thread under the Visual COBOL forum." Can you please help me about the issue?

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Likes
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Supportline.
Are you referring to the Visual COBOL Personal Edition?
Could you please send me the serial number and Authorization code details to supportline@microfocus.com

Regards,
Rosa Calleri

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your instant response. Yes I mean Visual COBOL Personal Edition 2010, with one year duration. As I am at work now, I will sent you the serial number and Authorization code in about 3 hours time. Thank you again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately there was no email sent to supportline@microfocus.com
would you please re send it again?

Regards,
Rosa Calleri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Dear Antonios, I have emailed you the Authorization Code for your Visual COBOL for Visual Studio PE version. If you need further assitnace, please submit a new post.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Thank you for contacting Micro Focus Supportline.
Are you referring to the Visual COBOL Personal Edition?
Could you please send me the serial number and Authorization code details to supportline@microfocus.com

Regards,
Rosa Calleri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Correction refering to Visual Studio 2010: "earlier versions" is corrected by "latest versions".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your instant response. Yes I mean Visual COBOL Personal Edition 2010, with one year duration. As I am at work now, I will sent you the serial number and Authorization code in about 3 hours time. Thank you again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately there was no email sent to supportline@microfocus.com
would you please re send it again?

Regards,
Rosa Calleri

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you for your interest and response. I just sent the email about the issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Dear Antonios, I have emailed you the Authorization Code for your Visual COBOL for Visual Studio PE version. If you need further assitnace, please submit a new post.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thank you very much for everything, the software is fully functional now! Have a nice evening.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.