Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with PFKeys

Dear sirs,

I having problem with an screen that we have PF Keys. Enclosed the screen in question.

Please say me what I have to do in Visual Cobol for Eclipse  for  configure ADISCF.

TKS

Pedro Juan Montero Bernales

PJM Informatica Soluciones Globales

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Problem with PFKeys

If you already have an ADISCTRL file that you were using in Net Express then you should just be able to copy it into your output folder along with your executables and it should be picked up when you run.

There is also a default ADISCTRL file in the folder c:\program files (x86)\micro focus\visual cobol\etc that can be modified.

By default the functions keys are turned off.

To modify this create a new folder on your system and copy this ADISCTRL file to the new folder.

I created c:\testad and copied ADISCTRL to it.

Then open up a Visual COBOL 32-bit command prompt from Start menu-->Micro Focus Visual COBOL-->Tools.

cd to your new folder

cd \testad

start the program adiscf

Press F2 Alter and then F3 Accept/Display Options.

Then Press F3 Individual Options and select option 1 User Function key enable/disable.

Select option 2 to enable the function keys.

Press Esc 3 times to return to main menuPress F4 to save and F3 to overwrite existing configuration.

Press enter to overwrite the default configuration.

Press Esc to quit.

Copy the ADISCTRL file that you just modified to the output folder of your project.

The function keys should now work.

If you need to make any more changes to ADISCTRL you can do so in the same manner.

----------------------------

You can also bypass the copying step by changing the default permissions on the ADISCTRL file in the etc folder so that it is not read only and then you can start ADISCF from a Visual COBOL command prompt and it will modify the default version.

This version will be picked up by the run-time system so you do not have to copy it into the output folder.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Chris,

Now I am in the adiscf screen and within of LOOP becouse Ihave to push PF2 or PF3 and the pfkeys not run....

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Is this on Windows or Linux?

The ADISCF utility does not itself use the ADISCTRL file so this does not make sense to me and might have nothing to do with the adis setup at all.

Do your function keys work in other applications like MS-Word, etc?

Can you press F1 in Word to get help?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One possibility is that function keys are not enabled as function keys on the keyboard.  I have a Microsoft keyboard that has an F Lock button in the upper right area and an F LOCK light in addition to the Numeric Lock, Shift Lock and Scroll Lock lights.  If F Lock is not enabled, the function keys are reassigned to Microsoft specific functions (Help, Undo, Redo, New, Open, CLose, Reply, Fwd, Send, Save and Print).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Chis,

You are right...PF1 don´t work with MS-Word too.....

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The platform is probably Windows, because the screen shot from PedroJuanMontero shows a window with the title: "runmw.exe - Application Output", whereas if it were Unix/Linux, the window would probably be PuTTY or x-term, etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Chris,

I did ALL that you Write in your email about ADISCTRL and put it in the folder were are the OBJ, IDY, ETC.

and not run...Is This the Folder  that you say "Copy the ADISCTRL file that you just modified to the output folder of your project."...Is not , Please  say to me where I have to put this ADISCTRL file .

Regards,    

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The ADISCTRL file needs to be in the working directory for the application.

By default the working directory is the output folder of the project which is the folder containing the .EXE, .OBJ and .IDY file.
If you specify a different working directory in the properties of the run configuration then it would need to reside in the specified folder.

The alternative is to replace the default version of ADISCTRL with the modified version by copying it to the C:\program files (x86)\micro focus\visual cobol\etc folder.

It will then be found regardless of where the working directory is.

I tested this here using the following test program and it worked fine as long as the modified ADISCTRL was in the project output folder or in the etc folder.

program-id. testad as "testad".
      environment division.
      configuration section.
      special-names.
         console is crt
         crt status is crt-status.
      data division.
      working-storage section.
      01  crt-status.
          05 crt-status-1                   pic 9.
             88  terminate-key                  value 0.
             88  function-key                   value 1.
             88  adis-key                       value 2.
             88  status-1-error                 value 9.
          05  crt-status-2                   pic 99 comp-x.
             88  esc-key                        value 0.
             88  f1-key                         value 1.
             88  enter-key                      value 1.
             88  fun-key-num-user               values 0 thru 127.
             88  fun-key-num-system             values 0 thru 26.
          05  crt-status-3                   pic 99 comp-x.
             88 raw-key-code                    values 0 thru 255.
      01 any-key     pic x.
      procedure division.

accept any-key at 0101
             on exception
                display "code = " crt-status-2
             not on exception
                display "no key"
          end-accept
          accept any-key
          goback.
      end program testad.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.