Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with perform instruction in RMCobol dll called by web site asp.net

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 12 February 2012]

Hello, I have a web site and the aspx.cbl calls RMCobol dll, I had several problems with perform instructions, I had that change the program with goto instruction for the solution works well because the perform instruction in the RMCobol dll did not work, I can demostrate it, It is possible that I need some directive, please help, in the example from the community site about the use windows form with RMcobol progrma uses goto.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Problem with perform instruction in RMCobol dll called by web site asp.net

Jump to solution
The type of application should not affect how the perform statement works unless you are using a different set of directives when compiling.

It is more likely to be a different issue like data that may be causing the program to flow differently.

Can you please clarify exactly how the perform is behaving differently?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
You can set the PERFORM-TYPE"RM" directive in order to have the perform statements work like they did in RM COBOL.

Please see the documentation here:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you for your answer, I tried the directive but the RMCobol program works with problems with the performs in the web site, the same program works ok with windows forms, the performs works ok.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
The type of application should not affect how the perform statement works unless you are using a different set of directives when compiling.

It is more likely to be a different issue like data that may be causing the program to flow differently.

Can you please clarify exactly how the perform is behaving differently?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.