Highlighted
MarioP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problems with XML Extension in JVM.

Hi.
I got an issue with Visual Cobol in Eclipse and the XML Extension:

When I compile the program I always get an error that MicroFocus.COBOL.XmlExtensions.MicroFocusCOBOLXmlExtensions can't be found:

Description Resource Path Location Type Program
COBCH0845S Unknown type 'type MicroFocus.COBOL.XmlExtensions.MicroFocusCOBOLXmlExtensions' Program1.cbl /JVM_Project_Test/src line 338 COBOL Problem

I tried it in the Visual Studio version aswell, it worked like a charm after adding the references to the project.

So I got the same issue here, but I don't know how I should add the libraries or where I can find them.
If I search the installation directory I only find the .dll extensions but I guess they have to be .jar for eclipse.

I am using Visual COBOL for Eclipse 2.2 Version: 2.2.00244.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Mario

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Problems with XML Extension in JVM.

XML Extensions are not currently supported in a JVM COBOL program.

They are only supported when generating either native code or .NET.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.