Commodore
Commodore

Procedure entry point _mFerr3 could not be located...

Jump to solution

I have converted most of our NetExpress Cobol to unmanaged code under .Net.  In our Infinity launch pad, I've changed options so that the COBOL directory under system defaults points at where these dlls are.  However, when I click on icons, I get "The procedure entry point _mFerr3 could not be located in the dynamic link library cblrtsm.dll."  The title of the message box says "mospvbin.exe - Entry Point not found"  Msopbbin.exe does exist in the directory.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The error message about not finding entry point _mFerr3 not being found means that your application is picking up the wrong version of cblrtsm.dll, most likely the one from Net Express.

Search your system to see if you have multiple versions of cblrtsm.dll on your drive and ensure that only the one from the Visual COBOL\bin folder is being found.

You should link your native applications using the dynamic option so that it will look in the registry to find the location of the correct cblrtsm.dll run-time file.

You can do this but opening up the project properties in Visual Studio and on the COBOL Link tab ensure that Dynamic is checked under run-time options.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, that is fine as only one copy of the cblrtsm.dll is loaded per run-unit and that is loaded when the first COBOL program is encountered.

The dependant .dlls will use the copy that is already loaded by the main module.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This type of message is usually indicative of a mismatch between product versions between compiled code and the cblrtsm.dll that is being loaded.

Can you please provide more details?

You state that these were Net Express programs but what product are you using now to compile them Visual COBOL?, R4, or 2.0?

I am not familiar with the "Infinity Launch Pad", what is this?

Do the applications run OK from within the Visual COBOL IDE?

Make sure that there isn't an old version of cblrtsm.dll available within your PATH or in the same folder as the .EXE or .DLLs.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

I'm compiling with MicroFocus Visual Cobol 2.0.

The Infinity Launch Pad is our VB front End.

Yes, they run okay within .Net - although I am testing only one of the entry point.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The error message about not finding entry point _mFerr3 not being found means that your application is picking up the wrong version of cblrtsm.dll, most likely the one from Net Express.

Search your system to see if you have multiple versions of cblrtsm.dll on your drive and ensure that only the one from the Visual COBOL\bin folder is being found.

You should link your native applications using the dynamic option so that it will look in the registry to find the location of the correct cblrtsm.dll run-time file.

You can do this but opening up the project properties in Visual Studio and on the COBOL Link tab ensure that Dynamic is checked under run-time options.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Okay, I did this with the program that is the entry point, and it now seems to be working - although the dependent projects are still linked with the 'shared' option.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, that is fine as only one copy of the cblrtsm.dll is loaded per run-unit and that is loaded when the first COBOL program is encountered.

The dependant .dlls will use the copy that is already loaded by the main module.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.