Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Product Licensing Problem

Hi, all:

I am new in this community but need an urgent help from you.

In May this year I downloaded COBOL Personal Edition for one year use until May 2016. It worked fine until September. But now I found the "product licencing" shows I have only 29 days left for trial. Again, I was told it should be good until May 2001, as shown in MicroFocus website when downloading this Personal Edition. 

I have downloaded this version over the same process second time today and installed it with another email address for registration. But the 30 days trial problem remains.

I now believe this was what happened: two days ago I accidentally clicked the button on Product Licencing page, trying to refresh licence. Due to this click, the system assumed (1) I clicked the button because my one year time is over and (2) I want to continue to use the software. Based on this assumption, the system started this 30 day trial counting down. 

I wish you guys could look at my case and give some tips for what to do.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Product Licensing Problem

Close down the Visual COBOL product.

Delete the following files.

Lservrc.stn

Lservrc.net

They should be found in:

C:\ProgramData\Micro Focus   -  on Windows 7 and up

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Micro Focus - on XP

Reboot your computer.

Start Visual COBOL and try the free licensing process again.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.