Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Program is unverifiable error in web application

Jump to solution

I am creating a web application from files that I successfully created a web site with. I am creating new pages, and copying the bulk of the code to the web application. I am doing this because the pages are not successfully compiled because of the header information being different. I have gotten the code to compile in VS 2010 successfully, along with 3 assemblies.

When I try to call one of the programs in the assemblies, I get an error:

MicroFocus.COBOL.COBOLRuntimeException was unhandled by user code
  HResult=-2146232832
  Message=198     Load failure [Program not verifiable]
[Program "ClassLibrary1.GET_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE" is not verifiable, Initial Program "logon_aspx" is verifiable]
  Source=MicroFocus.COBOL.Runtime
  ErrorNumber=198
  ErrorString=198     Load failure [Program not verifiable]
[Program "ClassLibrary1.GET_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE" is not verifiable, Initial Program "logon_aspx" is verifiable]
  StackTrace:
       at MicroFocus.COBOL.Runtime.Common.RunUnit.AddClass(ClassInfo classInfo, IObjectControl pgInstance)
       at MicroFocus.COBOL.Runtime.Common.RunUnit.AddInstance(IObjectControl pgInstance)
       at MicroFocus.COBOL.Program.Control.Load(RuntimeTypeHandle rth, RunUnit runUnit)
       at MicroFocus.COBOL.Program.Control.Load(RuntimeTypeHandle rth, IObjectControl pgInstance)
       at SWODM.WebApp.Logon.Authenticate_User() in C:\Source\ProjectPlanCode\ProjectPlanWebTest\SWODM.WebApp\SWODM.WebApp\Logon.aspx.cbl:line 156
       at SWODM.WebApp.Logon.Page_Load(Object param-sender, EventArgs param-e) in C:\Source\ProjectPlanCode\ProjectPlanWebTest\SWODM.WebApp\SWODM.WebApp\Logon.aspx.cbl:line 136
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  InnerException:

This code is successfully running in a web site. It appears it cannot see the assembly code, or can't verify it. I looked at the Book sample in the provided samples with the code, but could not determine what I am doing wrong.

Can anyone provide any insight? I would like to use our code as a web app, rather than a web site.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Program is unverifiable error in web application

Jump to solution

Try adding the compiler directive ILVERIFY to the project properties-->COBOL tab of the ClassLibrary1 project. This will ensure that the assembly produced will be verifiable.

I do not understand your statement:

"I am doing this because the pages are not successfully compiled because of the header information being different..."

Can you provide more detail on this statement?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Try adding the compiler directive ILVERIFY to the project properties-->COBOL tab of the ClassLibrary1 project. This will ensure that the assembly produced will be verifiable.

"I am doing this because the pages are not successfully compiled because of the header information being different..."

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

the first 2 lines of the web site aspx code:

<%@ Page Language="COBOL" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="LOGON.aspx.cbl" Inherits="LOGON" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "www.w3.org/.../xhtml11.dtd&quot;>

The first 2 lines of the web application aspx code:

<%@ Page AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="LOGON.aspx.cbl" Inherits="SWODM.WebApp.LOGON" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/.../xhtml1-transitional.dtd&quot;>

I create a new page in the web application, and copy the code from the page in the web site, except for these lines.

The code will not compile by just including these files, or copying the whole file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

ILVERIFY did the trick, thank you!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.