Jens Forsberg Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Project-to-project in an INT/GNT project

Jump to solution

I've seen in this forum it should be possible to have multiple projects in one solution and to merge these projects into one single output INT or GNT file. I think I saw the term "project-to-project" somewhere.

Does anyone know how to achieve this? I have a solution with four INT/GNT projects which I would like to merge into one single output file.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Project-to-project in an INT/GNT project

Jump to solution

@Jens Forsberg You also asked how "to merge these projects into one single output INT or GNT file". This is not possible.

Should you work with INT or GNT files, you may follow what @Chris Glazier suggested or build an INT/GNT project where all of its programs are built automatically in the same output folder.

To build an INT/GNT project, you need to click on File > New > Project, select Micro Focus INT/GNT under COBOL > Native, and click OK.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Simply change the Output Path on the COBOL tab of the project properties page for each project to point to the same folder. Then all of the executable files will end up in a common location and they will be able to call each other.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

@Jens Forsberg You also asked how "to merge these projects into one single output INT or GNT file". This is not possible.

Should you work with INT or GNT files, you may follow what @Chris Glazier suggested or build an INT/GNT project where all of its programs are built automatically in the same output folder.

To build an INT/GNT project, you need to click on File > New > Project, select Micro Focus INT/GNT under COBOL > Native, and click OK.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.