Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

hi,
I'm using "Micro Focus COBOL Server 2.3.1142" on Windows Server 2012.
The same program compiled with Enterprise Developer 2.3.1 (Eclipse version) with same input data on my server work fine, instead on the server of customer give error rts 198.
the command line is:
C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Micro Focus"\"COBOL Server"\BIN\RUN.EXE LBTESO37.DLL   1>E:\ALA90T\FILES\SYSOUT_LBTESO37.TXT
errorlevel = 198

The customer told me that mfdebug.log was not created .

I have attached mfsupportinfo and environment vars when error happens.
All other program (also DLL) work fine....
What can cause this error ?

Thank..

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: RTS 198

Jump to solution

An rts  198 can mean a number of things. What happens is you just execute RUN.EXE without the command line? do you get an error?

It could mean that the .dll you are trying to run has a dependency on another .dll that cannot be found, either in your application or OS or 3rd party like database .dll, etc. Running a procmon trace or a ctf trace would help you to locate the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

An rts  198 can mean a number of things. What happens is you just execute RUN.EXE without the command line? do you get an error?

It could mean that the .dll you are trying to run has a dependency on another .dll that cannot be found, either in your application or OS or 3rd party like database .dll, etc. Running a procmon trace or a ctf trace would help you to locate the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I resolved,

as you suggested I did use procmon,and I discovered that had taken off from the path the directory where are the dll programs.

The runtime program run.exe instead of giving the well-known error 9/173 gave 9/198 instead.

Thank!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.