Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
PaulTravis22 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Global.asax visual studio..

I was wondering if anyone could help. I am trying to add a Global.asax file to a visual cobol web application but I'm not seeing an option to Add Global classes. Has anyone managed to do this?

If I create a Web Application, the global file is present but I can't see a way of adding one to an empty web application?

(Visual Studio 2010)

Thanks Paul.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Re: Global.asax visual studio..

Paul,

It appears that a few Web item templates, which are used when you select the Add New Item menu, are missing from the Visual COBOL product so can you report that as a bug please ? In the meantime all I can suggest is copying the Global.asax that is included in an ASP.NET Web Application project into your empty Web Application project manually.

Gael.

0 Likes
PaulTravis22 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Re: Global.asax visual studio..

Hi Gael,

Thanks for the reply, this was the workaround I came up with but i wasn't sure if it was my install of vs or it was a bug cheers for confirming. There was one thing with the above method the code behind file global.asax.cbl doesn't look attached to the main global.asax file however it does still work.

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.