0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Removing Visual Cobol from Visual Studio

Jump to solution

I don't know if you were aware that Microsoft has stopped supporting Visual Studio 2010, but I would suggest upgrading Visual Studio to version 2015 and install the latest version of Visual COBOL, which is 2.3.

–Ғɑɳօ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

You simply uninstall it from "Programs and Features" of Control Panel.

Regards,

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the answer.

I did but then every time I start Visual Studio an error message sayıng "Micro Focus CS daemon is not running." appears, and I cannot open any Cobol Source file.

Should I reinstall Visual Cobol and disable it as extension to Visual Studio?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The uninstall of Visual COBOL was completed successfully, but each time you start Visual Studio, it fails with the error "Micro Focus CS daemon is not running". Correct?

What was the version of Visual COBOL? What is the version of Visual Studio and is it Shell, Community, Professional, or Enterprise edition?

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your interest.  Actually, I solved the problem meanwhile using a third party uninstall program, and it looks the issue has been solved, and I see no sign of Micro Focus Visual Cobol in Visual Studio which starts normally.

My Micro Focus Cobol version is 2.2 and Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.

Now, I am afraid to reinstall and retry Micro Focus Cobol.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I don't know if you were aware that Microsoft has stopped supporting Visual Studio 2010, but I would suggest upgrading Visual Studio to version 2015 and install the latest version of Visual COBOL, which is 2.3.

–Ғɑɳօ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot. I really did not know that, so I will try to upgrade as you suggested. Best regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.