Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rm Visual Cobol Window Termination

I'm using Visual Cobol for Eclipse with the RM Dialect.

Using a RM Window Call, when the Window Closes the program displays a Terminate Window message, and doesn't redraw the background.

Is there an easy way to get this working?

I use CONTROL "WINDOW-CREATE" AND CONTROL "WINDOW-REMOVE" ... to start and stop the window in RM. But with RM in Visual Cobol, the main screen doesn't redraw, which is behavior that normally happens in RM.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Rm Visual Cobol Window Termination

Hi Eric,

We have yet to implement the RM windowing mechanism in Visual COBOL, so you would need to use the ACUCOBOL windowing support in order to try and mimic what RM does.

You can find documentation for the ACU Windowing in the following section:

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Eric,

In the enclosed ZIP file you have all the necessary to this. Try to compile in Visual Cobol for eclipse and you can see how this run.

PJM

Pedro Juan Montero Bernales

PJM Informatica Soluciones Globales

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks so much Pedro

Your sample will help figure out how not only how to get it to work, but also how to do Visual Cobol WIndows.

Gracias!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Eric,

My pleasure !!!.

PJM

Pedro Juan Montero Bernales

PJM Informatica Soluciones Globales

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.