Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Runtime Error

Jump to solution

I have a naïve cobol program running in visual cobol 2.3 that get a run time error 173 on MFFH.  I have the cobol server path in the bat file that runs the program and even tried copying the bin folder to a different local drive with the same results.  What am I missing.  I have followed the documentation for running naïve programs from a workstation.

PATH=C:\PROGRAM FILES(x86)\MICRO FOCUS\COBOL SERVER\BIN;D:\CCARMARUN\BIN;D:\CCARMARUN;%PATH%

CCARMA

CCARMA is the program.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Runtime Error

Jump to solution
At what point does your application report this error, when it is first loading or when it attempts to open up the first data file?

Since your program appears to find and load the COBOL run-time system cblrtsm.dll ok and that file is in the same folder as the mffh.dll file I am not sure why this would fail unless mffh.dll is physically missing from the bin folder or it is finding an older version of the file somewhere else, perhaps in the application folder?

If you copy mffh.dll into your applications bin folder does it then find it?
Are you linking your application as 32-bit or 64-bit?
Are you linking with the dynamic option set?

If you turn on ctf tracing for the run-time and file handling the trace file would most likely tell us what is going on. If you don't know how to turn on ctf then I would recommend that you open up a support incident for this problem and we will walk you thru the steps.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
At what point does your application report this error, when it is first loading or when it attempts to open up the first data file?

Since your program appears to find and load the COBOL run-time system cblrtsm.dll ok and that file is in the same folder as the mffh.dll file I am not sure why this would fail unless mffh.dll is physically missing from the bin folder or it is finding an older version of the file somewhere else, perhaps in the application folder?

If you copy mffh.dll into your applications bin folder does it then find it?
Are you linking your application as 32-bit or 64-bit?
Are you linking with the dynamic option set?

If you turn on ctf tracing for the run-time and file handling the trace file would most likely tell us what is going on. If you don't know how to turn on ctf then I would recommend that you open up a support incident for this problem and we will walk you thru the steps.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
I ended up having to put MFFH.dll in the same folder on the server as my application executables for my native mode programs. Of course, naïve programs may work a little differently 😉
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I put all of the runtime module in the same folder as my .exe and .dlls. this included the DS runtime and now I get
DSGRUN.dll error code 174 when I start the system. I have verified with the user that DSGRUN.dll is in the same folder as my project.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Please do not post a new question on the end of an existing thread. Please create a new post for this.

Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.