Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
kpeters913 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Runtime error on visual cobol naïve code application

I receive the following runtime error in a visual cobol naïve code application when deployed on a network workstation, program is called from a menu program;

I can run the program on my development workstation without issue.  Ideas on what I might have wrong?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Runtime error on visual cobol naïve code application

How have you set this up? Do you have the COBOL Server product and licensing installed directly on the server computer and you are trying to run this from a workstation on which no Visual COBOL components are installed?

If this is your scenario then you will need to follow the section in docs on Deploying to a network share which can be found here.

Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I have cobol server installed on the workstation. I have about 30 other programs in the application that work fine. It is naïve cobol with DS screens. This program does use a date picker, could that be causing an issue?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

By "naïve code" do you mean native code?

Windows error c0000022 (which is what the error dialog is displaying) is ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED. Check that the user executing the program has permission to read and execute CRTDBI.dll and all of its dependencies.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I am not really sure what the problem could be. I Googled the error and it seems to indicate that there may be a corrupt Windows system file on this computer.

The logical question would be, does this same program run fine on a different workstation? You indicate that it does work on your development computer.

You might try running Process Monitor (procmon.exe) on this system to see what is happening behind-the-scenes when this error occurs.

There are many other links to posts for the same error occurring with non-COBOL applications including this one containing some suggestions.

troubleshooter.xyz/.../
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Native not Naïve correct.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

We found the issue, it was an access issue. Thanks for the help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Austin1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Michael - Not unusual; much of the code I work with is naive. Some of it is my own :-)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.