Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Send emails from mf Cobol to Groupwise

There are a many examples how to send emails via MS Outlook and i think that is also possible with groupwise?

Who as a done this? in the Moment i am able to send mail with the tool "blat.exe", the only Problem is that the mail don't appear in Groupwise

Are the a documentation for Groupwise api?

thanks for help!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Betreff: Send emails from mf Cobol to Groupwise

Chris, can you confirm?

Groupwise and Visual Cobol are MicroFocus products!

MicroFocus will pushed all this products.

Have nobody interessing to send mail Messages from Cobol over Groupwise?

There are many examples how to work with Microsoft Outlook and your customers Need help to propage and push Groupwise 18.2

Thanks for help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Send emails from mf Cobol to Groupwise

greiner,

Are you aware that there is a Groupwise forum? If you want information on APIs for that product then you are more likely to find somebody who will be able to help give you the necessary details on that forum rather than here. 

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

i think and hope that microfocus is a big Group and they speak with his colleague.

the groupwise Forum can give Information for api's, but no Cobol code.

And my question must be a challenge for presenting the Quality and possibilities of their products

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

i have found a older example working with Exchange and Groupwise, having a Problem for Setting Default Profile for groupwise.

see netxmapi.zip from 1998

by calling "email.gs" i had the error "dspaint.exe" not found on disk,  and dsbmpw32.dll existing on disk. Is this  old Format for dswin?

who can help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

here a pdf with description and a new question, how to Change a ds-field with Initial text from a Cobol program

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Delete the current text from the Initial Text field so that it is blank and then you can set a value where the rest of the screen is being setup.

Example:

move version-no to ds-version-no    
 move DS-NEW-SET to ds-control       
 move "chris" to DEFAULT-MAPI-PROFILE
 move "EMAIL" to ds-set-name.        

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.