Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Server may not be running "127.0.0.1" error[5]

Jump to solution

Hie everyone,

Recently, i work on Cobol and i found visual cobol , then i install trial version on visual studio 2013 ultimate i have this error:

["no license for this feature is available. This may be because it has not been installed or it has expired.

Error details

Unable to obtain the requested license: Error[5]: Cannot talk to the license server on host "127.0.0.1". Server may not be running" ]

So i install visual studio 2012 ultimate and visual cobol personnal edition for it.

I have the same error.

I try to activate it withmy free license in visual studio and i try to launch license manager, the same message appears in this differents cases. I'm invited to change the IP adresse when i launche license manager but i don't know what to do.

I'm on it for a week.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Server may not be running "127.0.0.1" error[5]

Jump to solution

This Visual COBOL Personal Edition version of the product is at the 2.2 level. This version has not been tested and is currently not supported under Windows 10.

We will be making a new product version V2.3 available within the next month or so which has been certified under Windows 10. Until that time you will have to use the current PE product under an OS prior to Windows 10.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Bento,

Check the services to see if the license server is running. Open your Windows services> search the service "Sentinel RMS License Manager" > if it is already started, re-start and when it asks you if you want to re-start the "Micro Focus CES daemon" click on Yes. If it is not started, then stat the service and search for Micro Focus CES daemon and start it too.

Let me know if this resolved the issue or if you still get a license error message. Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi raquelc,

i appreciate this quick response.

I tryed it in my task manager and sentinel is not running , when i start sentinel in my task manager it stop automaticly and when i start it in my service i have this error (it's in french i translate it):

"  Windows can't start the service sentinel RMS[...] on local desktop

error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly"

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Bento,

It looks like it could be an installation issue. Could you uninstall Visual Cobol and reinstall it, right-clicking on the installer and running as administrator? This may still give you a license error, but we need to get the Sentinel service running first.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Bento, it looks like you responded to this post and then the responses disappeared. Did you delete them?

On what OS are you trying to install and what is the exact name of the installer file that you are trying to run?

I would recommend that you uninstall both Visual COBOL and then the Micro Focus License Manager using Control Panel.

Then delete the files

Lservrc.stn

Lservrc.net

They should be found in:

C:\ProgramData\Micro Focus   -  on Windows 7+

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Micro Focus - on XP

Then reinstall the Visual COBOL product.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Chris ,

I deleted my previous post to re-edit it.

I'm on Windows 10, and this is the filename italler :  vcvs2012_22

I uninstall all products,

i deleted Lservrc.stn but Lservrc.net doesn't exist.

I am reinstalling VCobol.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Problem not solve , same error when I try to start visual cobol, idem for Sentinel.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

This Visual COBOL Personal Edition version of the product is at the 2.2 level. This version has not been tested and is currently not supported under Windows 10.

We will be making a new product version V2.3 available within the next month or so which has been certified under Windows 10. Until that time you will have to use the current PE product under an OS prior to Windows 10.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.