Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Setting DevExpress persistent object property

Jump to solution

I have a grid bound to a database table using DevExpress XPO.  The business class is defined like this:

$set ILUSING"DevExpress.Xpo".
      $set ILUSING"System".
       class-id AG_200_Reconcile.basic_trans is public is partial inherits type XPBaseObject..

working-storage.

01  fcleared_status           string.

property-id cleared_status string public.
       getter.
           set property-value to fcleared_status

setter.
           set fcleared_status to property-value

end property.

To update the record in the database, I need to call the DevExpress SetPropertyValue method.  C# Intellisense shows me this method and it is part of XPBaseObject.  This is an example of how this is coded in C#:

string fcleared_status;
public string cleared_status {
   get { return fcleared_status; }
   set { SetPropertyValue("cleared_status", ref fcleared_status, value); }
}

Intellisense in Visual COBOL does not find this method.  I've tried using  this syntax in COBOL but maybe I have it wrong:

property-id cleared_status string public.
       getter.
           set property-value to fcleared_status

setter.
           invoke SetPropertyValue("cleared_status", by reference fcleared_status, property-value)

end property.

Phil Levin

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Intellisense finds the method if I do:

invoke self::

Phil Levin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Intellisense finds the method if I do:

invoke self::

Phil Levin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.