Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Single program compile (Managed COBOL / Enterprise Developer/Eclipse)

Hope it is OK to ask an Enterprise Developer question in this forum.    Running ED v2.3.2.   Managed COBOL.   Refactoring an existing copybook that is used by 200 programs and would like to change the copybook, compile a single program and test the change before initiating a full build.

I've been unable to find any option that allows me to compile a single program.    The project is set for 'Use dynamic calls' in the Build Configuration preference and each program is built independently when the build is requested.     In order to initiate a build I've been using the Project -> Build Project option.   This will usually only compile the program I've changed if it was the source module that was changed.   For copybooks I don't completely understand how it is determining what needs to be built.

Is there any way to work within a shared copybook, but only compile a single module for development/unit testing before implementing across the application?

Note - we are initiating the COBOL application programs from a Java project using RunUnit.Call().

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Single program compile (Managed COBOL / Enterprise Developer/Eclipse)

Single file compile is available only for native projects. If you turn off the Build Automatically option under the Projects menu then Compile will be an option on the context menu when right-clicking on a source file.

In managed JVM projects this is not currently supported.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.