Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
paulseawind_gmail_co Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Solution Explorer window permanently maximized

Jump to solution

I have VC 2.2 PE.  Using NATIVE mode, my Solution Explorer is now permanently enlarged and I don't know how I managed to do that.

Also, when I open a source member in a Project, the slider bar is all the way to the right.

Before, I had the SE window on the right with the program slider bar just to the left of that.

I looked thru the doc but cannot find where to reset this condition.

Does anyone know the fix for this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Austin1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

RE: Solution Explorer window permanently maximized

Jump to solution

This is not a strictly COBOL or strictly a Micro Focus question but is more of a general Microsoft Visual Studio question.  You would have this issue regardless of the language being used - C #, VB.Net, or VC, and there is no doubt this question has been asked and answered before.  I myself struggle with this from time to time, regardless of the programming language.  If you did a google search for this, you would find things like the below:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../4k7zyeba.aspx

www.syncfusion.com/.../visualstudio2013

etc.  The exact solution may depend on which version of Visual Studio you are using.

Happy hunting!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If you right-click on the title bar of the Solution Explorer window and choose Float then you should be able to drag it anywhere you want and drop it on the docking bars that appear underneath. The window should then resize and dock to that location.

Please take a look at the following:

Visual COBOL In a Nutshell: Visual Studio Configuration

Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yes, it does Chris - thanks-  but that is not all of what I am wanting.

Before, I had the Solution Explorer window neatly on the right side.

When I selected a source member to open, it would open to the left side and neatly settle in with SE's window and it's scroll bar was within it's window and easily accessible.  Just as the demonstrator shows in  his examples.

What I have now is Solution Explorer is maximized (even though I can re-size it but it's not neatly done) and the selected source is also maximized and I cannot re-size that window.  There are 2 tabs at the top, one for SE and one for the program.  I can 'get about' by choosing the appropriate tab but I'd like it to be reset back to the previous, quite neat way.  It looks like every project in the solution has been affected, so this is a global thing.

What can I do to rectify this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

This is not a strictly COBOL or strictly a Micro Focus question but is more of a general Microsoft Visual Studio question.  You would have this issue regardless of the language being used - C #, VB.Net, or VC, and there is no doubt this question has been asked and answered before.  I myself struggle with this from time to time, regardless of the programming language.  If you did a google search for this, you would find things like the below:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../4k7zyeba.aspx

www.syncfusion.com/.../visualstudio2013

etc.  The exact solution may depend on which version of Visual Studio you are using.

Happy hunting!

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Austin 1.  

It worked immediately.  I had a brief read from your first suggested link and then did this:

01:  Opened Visual Studio

02:  Selected WINDOW from the menu bar

03:  Selected Reset Window Layout and then clicked Yes to reset window layout.

I then opened a project and it was just how I wanted it, and how it was before the change.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Great!  With all the questions I myself have asked on this forum, I am glad that I was able to "give back" to the community by answering a question or at least providing a general direction for further research.  I will bookmark this one, as I myself need to do this from time to time (reset Visual Studio windows), and I can never remember how to do it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.