Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Something I can set to see if my Caps Lock is on?

Jump to solution

On the bottom of my screen, when I'm editing a COBOL program in Visual Studio, I can see the status of my insert key (OVR/INS), but I can't see whether I've got CAPS LOCK on.  Is there something I can poke to show me the status of my CAPS LOCK key?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Here's a handy (and free!) 3rd-party utility I just found:  www.snapfiles.com/.../traystatus.html

It puts status icons for capslock and numlock in your Windows system tray.  I've just installed it on Win7 64-bit and it seems to work great.  Note that you'll want to go into the Customize screen for the system tray and select "Show icon and notifications" for each of these icons, otherwise Windows will auto-hide them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Visual Studio does not show caps lock, numlock or scroll lock settings and I cannot find a way to modify this. Some keyboards have a light that turns on when these keys are in effect and I have seen that there some 3rd party add-ons that will display the state of these keys in Windows in general.

I guess if you start typing and it displays in all caps then you can assume that the Caps Lock key is on 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Here's a handy (and free!) 3rd-party utility I just found:  www.snapfiles.com/.../traystatus.html

It puts status icons for capslock and numlock in your Windows system tray.  I've just installed it on Win7 64-bit and it seems to work great.  Note that you'll want to go into the Customize screen for the system tray and select "Show icon and notifications" for each of these icons, otherwise Windows will auto-hide them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.