Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Source Limit of 2200

Jump to solution

I was very excited to learn .net Cobol using Visual Studio until I got the error message about the source limit.  I am using the PE for learning purposes only.  Is there a workaround or how much is it to purchase a version that I can continue my learning.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
The Visual COBOL Personal Edition does have a built-in limitation of 2200 lines per source module. This means that each program within a project is allowed to have 2200 lines so it is possible to beak up your application into smaller pieces.

The PE product is only for learning purposes and you are not allowed to actually develop applications for deployment. If you require more than 2200 lines per source module or you aim to do actual development work then you should contact your local Micro Focus Account Manager to get pricing on a fully licensed product version.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
The Visual COBOL Personal Edition does have a built-in limitation of 2200 lines per source module. This means that each program within a project is allowed to have 2200 lines so it is possible to beak up your application into smaller pieces.

The PE product is only for learning purposes and you are not allowed to actually develop applications for deployment. If you require more than 2200 lines per source module or you aim to do actual development work then you should contact your local Micro Focus Account Manager to get pricing on a fully licensed product version.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.