HI,

I receive this message :

[cobol] * CSQL-I-020: Processing output of Oracle Precompiler

[cobol] * CSQL-I-027: Detected Working-Storage, now processing it

[cobol] * CSQL-I-028: Now processing through Procedure Division

[cobol] * CSQL-I-029: Found an EXEC SQL Statement, processing it

[cobol] * CSQL-I-001: Cobsql has finished returning to the Checker

[cobol] 22*Maximum memory (bytes) used: 115992

[cobol] COBCH0804S Source limit of 2200 procedure lines exceeded : "C:\Users\Vandeverre - Motte\workspace\dbcon\Program2.cbl"(22,7,7)

[cobol] Compilation complete with 1 errors, 0 warnings, 0 notices and an exit code of 16

i'm working with eclipse Under Windows with oracle 11g with this program :

IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.

PROGRAM-ID. program2.

ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.

DATA DIVISION.

WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.

exec sql include sqlca end-exec

EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION END-EXEC.

01 USERNAME PIC X(10).

01 PASSWD PIC X(10).

EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION END-EXEC.

PROCEDURE DIVISION.

LOGON.

MOVE "SCOTT" TO USERNAME.

MOVE "TIGER" TO PASSWD.

EXEC SQL

CONNECT :USERNAME IDENTIFIED BY :PASSWD

END-EXEC.

DISPLAY sqlcode

stop run.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Source limit of 2200 procedure lines exceeded

What product and version are you using?

This message would be output if you were using the Visual COBOL PE product and the source to be compiled had more than 2200 lines as that is the limitation for that product.

I just tested this here using your source and Visual COBOL 2.2 PE for Eclipse and Oracle 11 and it worked fine.

What compiler directives are you using?

I added the KEEPCBL directive to my cobsql directives so that the precompiled source would be retained and I can see that it was expanded to 184 lines.

Try adding this directive and take a look at the .cs9 file that is generated by procobol to see how many lines it has.

The directives that I used are as follows:

preprocess(cobsql) CSQLT=ORACLE8 keepcbl end-c comp5=yes endp litlink;

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.