Highlighted
Bentz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

System.DLLNotFoundException: Unable to load or find DLL ODBCRW32.DLL

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 25 March 2011]

This Applation works under Visual Studio but when deployed to the server that has the COBOL 2010 Runtime. I get the above msg.

/SP70 JOB:

set TK="C:\MFCFiles\OSMIS_DATA\PTK.I10"
ECHO TK=%TK%
set TE="C:\MFCFiles\TE.txt"

/Input Files:
set ISP61="C:\MFCFiles\PSP61P01.R44s"
set ISP62="C:\MFCFiles\PSP62P01.R44s"
set ISP63="C:\MFCFiles\PSP63P01.R44s"

/Output Files:
set sp70r="C:\MFCFiles\SP70R.txt"
set out3="C:\MFCFiles\OUT3.txt"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: System.DLLNotFoundException: Unable to load or find DLL ODBCRW32.DLL

Jump to solution
I just tested the customer problem here using a managed application that is doing SQL via 32-bit ODBC connection as I believe this is what he is trying to do.

The ODBCRW32.DLL is our ODBC run-time for OpenESQL.
It is in the Visual COBOL 2010\bin folder so it does need to be in the PATH.

Have customer try setting PATH in the script before executing the program.

Set PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL 2010\bin;%PATH%

(note there are no quotes around PATH value)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anthony Hollis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I’ve been working with Bentz on this issue and suggested that he also post this in the Community Site as well.

To provide further clarification here is what we have run into thus far:

The customer is trying to deploy his application on a Win2K8 Server and call the executable via his script. The server is running the Visual COBOL R3 Runtime.

When deployed, the message below appears :

[img removed]

*Note: The odbc in this image say ODBCRW64.dll, this has been switched to 32bit.

Troubleshooting thus far:

1. Tested the application without the script inside VS10. (Works fine)
2. Tested the application locally via the script. (ODBCRW32.dll will not load/not found)
3. Provided the a simlar path “C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL 2010\bin” into the environment vars for the system in the %path% but the same result as #2.

Thoughts:

The customer was able to run without issue inside the IDE (locally)suggests something via the script is awry. Is it possible that the ODBC Dll mentioned above is not loaded because the CBL runtime is not being invoked and rules out a path issue?

Also, the target platform is the Win2K server, currently there is no entry in the "system envn var" pointing to the CBL R3 runtime. We are waiting for the admin to add this entry.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
I just tested the customer problem here using a managed application that is doing SQL via 32-bit ODBC connection as I believe this is what he is trying to do.

The ODBCRW32.DLL is our ODBC run-time for OpenESQL.
It is in the Visual COBOL 2010\bin folder so it does need to be in the PATH.

Have customer try setting PATH in the script before executing the program.

Set PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Visual COBOL 2010\bin;%PATH%

(note there are no quotes around PATH value)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.